Internships are the newest component of the NCGA Foundation’s continuum of services. They are designed to provide local high school students with meaningful professional experiences and mentors in the golf industry. The program was developed in partnership with the NCGA and Poppy Hills Golf Course in Pebble Beach and TPC Harding Park and The First Tee of San Francisco.
2013 internship sites and applications will be posted at a later date.
- To provide meaningful employment, a competitive wage and friendly environment for at-risk youth
- To provide exposure to alternative career choices and the skills and contacts necessary to pursue those choices.
- To provide positive role models and build self-esteem
- To provide regular exposure to the game of golf and the chance to develop some level of skills as well as knowledge of the rules and etiquette of golf
- To provide facilities and clubs with an opportunity to interact with their communities in a positive way and to enrich and improve the life of an ubranan/or economically disadvantaged young person.
- To open up the golf industry to a new generation – one that truly reflects our diverse and multi-cultural society.
Interns will rotate through the following modules:
- Golf shop operations
- Outside services
- Course maintenance
- Food and beverage operations
- NCGA Foundation/First Tee Administration
Federal Tax ID Number: 94-3108575