Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I become a Youth on Course Member?
A: There are two ways to become a Youth on Course member:
- Join a Youth on Course certified program. These programs teach life skills in addition to golf skill. A complete list of certified programs is available on www.youthoncourse.org. OR,
- Join a YOC eClub and complete the online Rules of Golf, Etiquette, Life Skills and Healthy Lifestyles curriculum.
Q: How do I get my Youth on Course Card?
If you join Youth on Course through one of the certified programs, your annual membership card will automatically be mailed to you after your membership is activated.
If you join Youth on Course through an eClubhouse and the online curriculum, you must complete the following steps to receive your card in the mail:
- After joining an eClub, finishing the curriculum and having your answers have been approved, log in to the online curriculum website.
- Download and print off your certificate of completion from the online curriculum website.
- Have the certificate signed by a golf pro or coach, someone who can attest to your golfing ability and maturity. Time permitting the individual should write a brief note explaining his or her decision to provide a Supervised Play Signature or Full Access Signature.*
- Send the signed certificate to Youth on Course at P.O. Box 1157, Pebble Beach, CA 93953. You may also fax it to (831) 626-2650. Please enclose a return address.
*All participants with an index of 20.0 or less do not need to have a certificate signed. If no index is yet established, the certificate must be signed. Supervised Play is for youth that must have an adult present to go on the course. Full access participants are those with the ability and maturity to play on the course by themselves.
Q: I still haven’t received my card and it has been a long time. What should I do?
A: You can print a temporary card using this link: http://www.ncgafoundation.org/yoc-card/temporary-yoc-card/ After printing a temporary card … please email us your NAME, GHIN NUMBER, and HOME ADDRESS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Why aren’t you using stickers any more?
A: Instead of stickers, the Youth on Course program will be using annual membership cards. This means that members will receive a new card each year. Members that would have a received a Half-Sticker in the past will show an asterisk after their name on the membership card indicating that parental supervision is required to play on the golf course using Youth on Course rates.
Q: When will I receive my Youth on Course Membership Card?
A: Membership cards take approximately one to three weeks for delivery after you join a Youth on Course club.
Q: How long does it take for my online curriculum answers to be approved?
A Youth on Course staff person will approve or reject your online curriculum answers within 48 business hours.
Q: I’ve tried registering for the online curriculum but my parents aren’t able to provide consent. What should I do?
Call Youth on Course at (831)625-4653. We will be able to provide consent so that you can get started.
Q: How long does my Youth on Course membership last?
A: If you join Youth on Course prior to October 1 your membership will expire at the end of the calendar year. From October 1 through December 31 you have the opportunity to renew your membership through your certified program or the online curriculum. If you join Youth on Course on or after October 1 your membership will expire at the end of the following calendar year.
Q: How do I renew my Youth on Course membership?
A: If you join Youth on Course through a certified program, you must renew your membership with the program between October 1 and December 31. If you join Youth on Course via the online curriculum, we will send you an email around October 1 with renewal instructions. In order to renew you will be required to complete a short assignment which must be completed prior to December 31.
Q: What are the age restrictions for Youth on Course?
A: Youth on Course is for children aged 7-18. In order to participate in the online curriculum you must be at least 10 years of age. If you turn 18 after the beginning of the calendar year you may still participate in Youth on Course until the end of the calendar year or until the summer following your senior year of high school, whichever comes first.
Q: Why weren’t my online curriculum answers approved?
A: There are a couple of reasons why your answers may not have been approved.
These reasons include:
- Incomplete answers; you may have failed to answer one or more of the short answers.
- Lack of effort; it is clear in reading your responses that you did not try your best.
- Crude or inappropriate answers; you did not take the assignments seriously.
Q: Am I an NCGA member when I receive my Youth on Course card?
A: Yes. If you signed up for Youth on Course through a certified program the program director is responsible for entering your information into the club database so that you may become a member.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.
Federal Tax ID Number: 94-3108575